Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wooden spoon in my bathroom?

So there is a wooden spoon that needs to be in our bathroom, always... from now on.
So if you come over to our house, and come into our downstairs bathroom, the above picture is what you will see.
You see, when we built this house, I noticed that the light switches are super super high. I asked before it became too late if they could move them all down a bit. The Construction Manager told me that this was the normal height that it should be at. So his answer was, No.
This has been hard for me because as I am trying to encourage Kaitlyn to go Potty ALL by herself, it is tough when I have to get up and turn the light on for her. So if I am upstairs of feeding Whitney, I have to get up and help her. Doesn't sound like much, but it is hard when I have to stop what I am doing to help her.
Trying to convince her to go in the dark, is not an option for her. I feel like because she can't do it all by herself, she gets frustrated.
So this last weekend, my super amazing, smart husband, got tired of her asking to have us turn on the light, and gave her a wooden spoon to help her turn it on.
At first I thought, There is no way that will work for her. It will probably just end up being one more thing that makes her frustrated with the potty. But instead, it has helped her to feel more independent and has been great for us to not have to get up every time she needs to go.
Hip Hip Hooray for my hubby for making my life easier!
And giving my daughter more confidence.
So this is what we are going to have in our bathroom for awhile, at least till she can grow some more.
But as you can see, it is pretty high and might be awhile.
They are rocker switches too, so she has to be able to touch the top part of the light switch.
It is almost to high for me ;)
It actually comes to my chin. Crazy huh!!!??

No comments: