Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Easter Weekend...

We had a great Easter. I should have taken more pictures but I guess we were having too much fun. Since we have been married, we have spent all but 1 Conference out of 6 somewhere else, other than home. Always visiting family. The last 3 have been somewhere else, so we were actually really excited to enjoy Conference at home.


I made Biscuits and Gravy and Orange Julius' and our friends came over for breakfast on Saturday morning. Then we watched Conference. In between Sessions on Saturday, our ward had a Primary Easter Egg hunt for all the kids in the Ward, outside in our quad. It was so fun. Kaitlyn had a blast.

Then she was tuckered out and spent all of the Afternoon session snoozing, which was great for mom and dad to spend listening to conference without any cute distractions.

Then, Alma went to Priesthood Session and I went out on the town with Kaitlyn and my friend and her daughter. After the Priesthood session ended, the guys met up with us for Panda Express. YumMy!!

Sunday, Kaitlyn had a blast after waking up looking for eggs in our house, and then I made a yummy Breakfast bake with Egg, ham, cheese and biscuits. It was soooooo DEEELISH! (before Alma looked for his candy I turned on the oven to preheat and I kept smelling burnt Chocolate. I forgot I hid a Reeses Egg in the OVEN!) oops!

...then we enjoyed listening to Conference. Which was awesome!

While we watched the Afternoon session, I put a lasanga in the oven and when it was over we ate! It turned out perfect!

After Kaitlyn went to bed last night, we dyed Easter eggs.

It was such a fun weekend, playing Farkle together (dice game) watching Kaitlyn be amazing at finding eggs, spending time as a family, thinking of Christ and watching Conference. I was sad to see it end.

Needless to say, we ate a lot. But it was the holidays! Right?

Ps. Sweet-tart Jelly beans are sooo good!

Here is a video of Kaitlyn on Sunday morning looking for easter eggs. I will admit we had a hard time at first not showing her where they were! Just to get her going, but once she got going she didnt slow down!



Sunday afternoon, Alma and Kate played Hide and seek. One of Kaitlyns favorite games to play. They have such a blast!



Hope your Easter/Conference Weekend was great also!

1 comment:

Nicki Wilson said...

Sweet Tart Jelly Beans are my favorite!