Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby Sewing Project / Friends Baby Shower / House updates

I had seen a few of these Car Seat covers in Utah before I moved. I wanted to make one really bad and knew if I just waited till we moved that when Tax season came I would have lots of time, and once we moved we would know if it was a boy/girl.
I kind of just made up my own pattern and winged it, and I think it turned out pretty great.
With Kaitlyn, we always laid a blanket over her car seat while she slept and church or while out and about, but this one has straps, so you can still use the handle.
The fabric on the other side is the same fabric, just opposite.
You can kind of see on the middle right of it, how the inside is the pink fabric.
(I thought about making it reversable, but decided against it at the end)


I just sewed the straps right on there and used velcro for taking in on and off.



Kaitlyn loves to sing and play the Piano


A little over a week ago, my friend, Anna, had her baby shower!
She is due 3 days after me with a little boy, and it is her first one! I am so excited for her!
At her shower there were a lot of my old friends from High School and we have kept in touch all these years, and we live here in Texas!
It is always great to get together with them.


And of course, whenever Princess and I get together,
we just have to take a couple silly pictures.

Me, Princess, Anna, Janelle



Me and Anna showing off our babies



And last but not least, our house is really coming along.
They put up our brick and it is really looking like a home!
We took a picture of our car in the "driveway" to get a feel of what it will be like.





They put up Sheet Rock last week and when I went yesterday they spackled the walls to get ready to paint and then the cabinets come in tomorrow!
I am in the breakfast nook taking a pic of our living room and stairs


This is a view from our living room looking at the kitchen and a little bit of the breakfast nook.



This is the front of the inside of the house when you walk in the door.
The formal living and dining.


I can't wait to see all the cabinets in and the walls painted, I believe tile will be laid soon in all the wet areas! So exciting!

4 comments:

Chapples said...

The house is coming along great. You look fantastic! I love your sewing project. It turned out so adorable!!!

Sarah said...

How exciting Jessica! Each step of the house just sounds so fun!

Anna said...

How much does building your own house cost?

Kacey said...

(This is Pato) Looking good, I like the brick!! To Anna: It totally depends on what you want, how big you want it, and where you want it....