Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The JoY of Becoming a MoM~


There is certainly a type of joy that comes from becoming a mom that doesn't come from anywhere else. I am so amazed at my little girl when I look at her and how much she has grown.

She has become my "buddy" - we hang out all the time together and I love that she knows who I am and recognizes me and I love that I know everything about her. What makes her sad, how she likes to be held and what makes her smile. I feel like i am Physic because i even know about when she will wake up from her naps... and what her routine is~ it is pretty fun! Oh, and I LOVE how she watches me when i leave a room and smiles at me when i get back! Makes a mom feel good!

She is so adorable and I can't believe that she truly belongs to Alma and I. It is so amazing!

I will admit, at first it is a little overwhelming because your life does change, but boy oh boy does it change for the better. I can't imagine our lives with out her. After the delievery and recovery, and those endless nights without sleep, i wondered how anyone could ever have more than one, but now i see all the joy and love that comes right along with this bundle of joy.

All the things that are hard about getting them here, all disappear (9 months of pregnancy... being uncomfortable and sick and watching the scale climb higher than you ever thought you see in your lifetime. especially in a short amount of time... stretch marks, labor, DELIVERY... (i promised after that last one (delivery) i was done having kids.) everyone told me that i would forget all the bad things. I didn't think that was possible. But it is. I don't know if there is just a delete button that gets pushed and deletes all of those bad things. But it happens!

There is a love and Joy that comes from becoming a mom and it is truly amazing. I heard about it but you don't know what it is like until you truly experience it and also getting to see that little perfect being look right at you and smile! It truly makes your heart melt~


3 comments:

dani said...

that is so sweet! i can't wait to be a momma too! kaitlyn is so cute! i think she looks more like you:)

The Johnson Family said...

What a doll! Isn't it funny how you think you know whats coming but you really have no idea, its SOOO much better than you could ever expect!

Princess said...

Jessy,
I know that you are a wonderful mom and your baby girl just loves you so much!!! Thanks for the sweet and inspiring post.
Love you,
aP Shhhh