Saturday, September 26, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Only living in Orem for 1 month and 2 weeks.
Long story short, I have been thinking a lot about how I wanted to move to Provo for a couple reasons:
- I wanted to be able to have the car more often while Alma was at work. Trying to take him from Orem to Provo and then back to go get him is almost 2 hours of driving... you wouldn't think so, but with the traffic it is 20-25 mins each way. and that is 4Xs each day. That is a lot of driving!! Not worth it with a baby~
- We wanted to be closer to the mountains, Not the freeway
- We wanted a place to live where we could go outside with Kaitlyn that had a lot of Grass and Play Areas (not have to worry about streets and the freeway)
- We wanted to save money on rent
- We wanted to experience BYU, by living in Provo, not UVU by living in Orem. Alma said sometimes he felt like he went to UVU bc we were always getting flyers and invited to their activities (which was really nice of them!)
That night a girl called. Her and her friend came the next day, Sunday, to look at it, and told us that they wanted it!!
*their names were Katelyn and Jessica
We hurried and got the last apartment at Wymount and started to pack
So in less than one week we decided to move, sold our contract, packed, got a Uhaul, moved, and unpacked again.
(we were on the 3rd Floor and we moved to the 3rd Floor! NO FUN!)
Thank you to all who helped:
Jessicas Mom and Dad: for helping me and giving me much needed advice!
Kacey who watched Kaitlyn, Pat who let us borrow his truck, Jared Jeremy Jamie Lindsay Tim John Daniel for moving!
We could not have done it with out your help!!!
Lots of work but it was totally worth it!
It is so peaceful here and we are super excited!
Don't get me wrong, Wymount (our new apartment) is a lot less space than our old apartment in Orem, but it doesn't even really feel like it bc it has great storage and cubboards and a huge Pantry! and we are enjoying all the perks of living in the On-campus married housing at BYU!
Here are some pics comparing our last place to the new one:
View from our Bedroom window in Orem
(we have a great View of the Y on the mount)
Friday, September 11, 2009
While at the reception, Kaitlyn had a blast... she loves dancing with the College boys, they were so cute with her trying to get her moving and grrrroooving!
Here she is getting into it at the Wedding~
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
We have been taking a lot of videos of Kaitlyn and she has been so much fun! She loves Cups, I know, I know, 2 videos of her playing with cups is probably a little much, but it just shows how entertaining they can be.
Since we had the month of August off we decided to go to Wells, and visit Almas family. We got to see a lot of family and it was tons of fun! We played games, laughed a lot, ate yummy bread and taco salad, and played baseball! I wish we got more pictures of the trip but we were having too much fun to pull out the camera!
While in Wells, Grandpa Bates was so much fun with Kaitlyn. I love that she could take his teasing! He squirted her with the hose and got her wet and then made a little puddle for her to play in. In this video, he was flicking the water on her face and she was giggling up a storm!
Although, Dad tried to do it, and she didn't think it was quite so funny. I guess she likes to be teased by Grandpa.
While at Grandma and Gradpa Bates' we were feeding Kaitlyn Carrots and right as I went to put it in her mouth, She Sneezed! which caused all the carrots to go everywhere, EVEN ON ME! We just had to take a picture!